AGF funds independent, critical research that can be used by policy experts, government officials, the media and others to help formulate fact-based energy policies that will serve this country well in the future
Founded in 1989, the AGF is a 501(c)(3) organization focused on being an independent source of information research and programs on energy and environmental issues that affect public policy, with a particular emphasis on natural gas. Overseen by a board of trustees, the AGF has delivered numerous key public policy reports since 2000 and has sponsored executive level forums and events focusing on energy supply. Below are highlights of AGF accomplishments and forthcoming studies.
When it comes to issues that impact public policy on energy, the American Gas Foundation (AGF) is committed to making sure the right questions are being asked and answered. AGF funds independent, critical research that can be used by policy experts, government officials, the media and others to help formulate fact-based energy policies that will serve this country well in the future.
The American Gas Foundation (AGF) has gained recognition as a valuable source of information on energy issues that affect public policy. AGF focuses on raising the visibility of the Foundation, extending its outreach to other segments inside and outside of the natural gas industry and increasing our portfolio of important public policy studies and programs.
- Mr. J. Kevin AkersPresident and Chief Executive OfficerAtmos Energy Corp.
- Mr. David Anderson *President and Chief Executive Officer
- Mr. David C. CarrollPresident and Chief Executive OfficerGas Technology Institute
- Pedro CherryPresident and Chief Executive Officer
- Ms. Karen A. HarbertPresident and Chief Executive OfficerAmerican Gas Association
- Mr. D. Russell “Rusty” HarrisVice President and General Manager Gas Operations, Southeast Energy GroupDominion Energy
- Mr. Mark KahrerSenior Vice President, Regulatory Affairs Marketing and Energy EfficiencyNew Jersey Natural Gas
- William A. (Trey) Kuchar IIISenior Vice President, Natural Gas
- Mr. James LauritoFormer Executive Vice President, Business DevelopmentFortis Inc.
- Mr. Sid McAnnally *President & CEOONE Gas, Inc.
- Mr. Garrick RochowPresident and Chief Executive Officer
- Mr. John W. Somerhalder IIRetired Chairman, President and Chief Executive OfficerAGL Resources
- Mr. Nick StavropoulosFormer President, Gas and ElectricPacific Gas & Electric Co.
- Mr. Richard B. WilliamsonChairman of the BoardT.D. Williamson, Inc.