AGF funds independent, critical research that can be used by policy experts, government officials, the media and others to help formulate fact-based energy policies that will serve this country well in the future
Founded in 1989, the AGF is a 501(c)(3) organization focused on being an independent source of information research and programs on energy and environmental issues that affect public policy, with a particular emphasis on natural gas. Overseen by a board of trustees, the AGF has delivered numerous key public policy reports since 2000 and has sponsored executive level forums and events focusing on energy supply. Below are highlights of AGF accomplishments and forthcoming studies.
When it comes to issues that impact public policy on energy, the American Gas Foundation (AGF) is committed to making sure the right questions are being asked and answered. AGF funds independent, critical research that can be used by policy experts, government officials, the media and others to help formulate fact-based energy policies that will serve this country well in the future.
The American Gas Foundation (AGF) has gained recognition as a valuable source of information on energy issues that affect public policy. AGF focuses on raising the visibility of the Foundation, extending its outreach to other segments inside and outside of the natural gas industry and increasing our portfolio of important public policy studies and programs.
- Mr. Sid McAnnallyChairmanSenior Vice President, OperationsONE Gas, Inc.
- Mr. J. Kevin AkersPresident and Chief Executive OfficerAtmos Energy Corp.
- Mr. David AndersonPresident and Chief Executive Officer
- Mr. David W. BieglerChairman, President and Chief Executive Officer
- Ms. Maryam BrownPresident
- Mr. David C. CarrollPresident and Chief Executive OfficerGas Technology Institute
- Mr. Scott E. DoyleExecutive Vice President, Natural Gas DistributionCenterPoint Energy
- Mr. Gordon GilletteFormer PresidentTampa Electric Co. & Peoples Gas System
- Ms. Karen A. HarbertPresident and Chief Executive OfficerAmerican Gas Association
- Mr. D. Russell “Rusty” HarrisVice President and General Manager Gas Operations, Southeast Energy GroupDominion Energy
- Ms. Kimberly J. HarrisPresident, Chief Executive OfficerPuget Sound Energy
- Mr. John O. Hudson, IIIExecutive Vice President and Chief External and Public Affairs OfficerSouthern Company Gas
- Mr. Bret LaneChief Executive OfficerSoCalGas
- Mr. James LauritoExecutive Vice President, Business DevelopmentFortis, Inc.
- Mr. Thomas MassaroSenior Vice President - NJR Retail and President of NJR Home ServicesNew Jersey Natural Gas
- Mr. Garrick RochowSenior Vice President, Operations
- Mr. Nick StavropoulosFormer President, Gas and ElectricPacific Gas & Electric Co.
- Mr. John W. Somerhalder IIRetired Chairman, President and Chief Executive OfficerAGL Resources
- Mr. Pablo VegasExecutive Vice President and President - Gas UtilitiesNiSource
- Mr. Richard B. WilliamsonChairman of the BoardT.D. Williamson, Inc.